So in the afternoon let's do something different.

I was suppose to be doing another Harley ride in the afternoon but the people involved had become sick and couldn't make it.

Ewan, my son suggested we go for a ride.

Where to? Macquarie Pass and a stop at the Robertson Pie Shop for a Coffee and a... PIE.


As 'Show Pony' had been for a run, as I entered the garage I could hear my other son Matt's Kawasaki Ninja crying out to go for a run. How could I not let this little 600 cc bike suffer?

Ewan and I geared up and set off. With full tanks we headed for the Illawarra and Albion Park where the road heads for the hills and along Macquarie Pass to the Robertson and the famous pie shop.

The Macquarie Pass is speed limited to 60 kph (35 mph) and is normally heavily policed.
Not a problem as we are out for a ride not a race. The road is very enjoyable for those who like travelling around corners with advisory speeds ranging from of 15 kph (9mph) to 45 kph (28mph).

Makes a change from Show Pony. No back seat to start with.
The signs says it all but not visible when you are on Macquarie Pass.
The Ninjas await. No, it's not Show Pony in the background.
We stopped at the pie shop and I had a coffee with a wild berry pie. Most enjoyable and provided the body fuel for our return trip through the Southern Highlands skirting Bowral and riding the Old South Road, the old Hume Highway with a refueling at Tahmoor.

Just before Picton we turned right and crossed the old bridge then through Wilton and Appin with the Appin Road back to the Princes Highway and home.

Yes, we took the Old Princes Highway from Bulli to Waterfall.

I change of riding from the morning. My shoulders should be back to normal in a few days.

Comments