Let's test a Harley Davidson Iron 883.

Harley Davidson Australia sent a general invitation to its email readership to take a selection of Harley Davidson Dark Custom motorcycle for a test ride. These are a Forty-Eight™, Iron 883™ or Street™ 500.

My friend Walter called and said '"let's go for a test on your first day Back On The Bike".
Walter organised it through the internet for what we thought would be a 3 hour test ride as that was what was implied by the invitation.

I planned a great run with lots of photo shot opportunities.

The day arrived and we picked up another friend Paul as he was going for a test ride on something bigger. I also invited my son and Katie to just come for the ride and use my Harley aka Show Pony as the ride I planned was going to be a great return for me to riding after the required 5 months.

So we all arrived at Trivett Harley Davidson which is now Harley Heaven part, of Peter Stevens Motorcycles with time to do the paperwork and be on the road by 12:00 noon.

We are then informed the ride would normally be 20 minutes. Not a very long time to travel round trip and do photos for the competition. It is decided to give us 40 minutes but we needed to fill the three bike whilst out and bring the receipt back. Thanks Walter for putting your card on the line.

We signed off for the Harleys we are going to ride.
I will have the Harley Davidson 883 with its 883cc engine.
Walter will have the Harley Davidson Forty-Eight with its 1200cc engine.
Paul will have a Fat Bob with the 1688cc engine know as a 103 cubic inches.

Paperwork done, Paul lead us to La Perouse for some quick pics.

Our starting point. Start your engines.
 So here are some pics from our quick trip.
 
Fueling up.
Paul get ready to lead us on the Fat Bob.
Ewan and Katie wait for us to fuel up.
Bare 883 with Bare Island behind.
Posing for the camera.
Strike a different pose.

It's like a nice mother and bad girl daughter pic.
Talking about bad, Walter standing tall next to the saddle.

This is really Walter's expression about the ride.
"OK just take the photo".

The girls gathered.
The outcome. I don't think I was built or it was designed for me.
Did everything I asked of it but I was not comfortable with the pegs and bars so I would have to venture off the the parts catalog but that's iswhat everyone des when they buy a Harley.
There was an 883 with forward controls and different bars and that felt more comfortable.

When we were returning from La Perouse , I was to bring the 48 back but Walter was completely uncomfortable on the 883 so we swapped back.

Wish me luck in the competition and the Grand Prize:
  • Two return economy airfaires to Milwaukee, Wisoncin, USA. 
  • Three nights' accommodation in Milwaukee (4 star or equivalent)
  • A session with Dais Nagao to design a Dark Custom™ motorcycle
  • Two tickets to the Harley-Davidson Museum
  • $2000 US spending money
  • A MY16 Forty-Eight™, Iron 883™ or Street™ 500 motorcycle
You will know if I win as I will be writing about that trip.

Comments