Back on the bike, so an easy ride through the National Park.

As the planned Harley Test ride didn't quite go to plan. I had some riding time left so I took the old burgundy girl for a run.

In preparation of this Day of 'Back On The Bike' I had washed, polished and checked all the levels.

Rolled out of the garage, turned the key, moved the choke to on and hit the started.
The engine came to life.
Whilst she sat there warming up, I returned to the garage, geared up and walked but to the bike.
Choke off, the idle returns to normally, swing the bike off the side stand and move the side stand up out of the way, pull in the clutch, engage first gear, indicator on, check the traffic and ease out the clutch. I had to write it down so I could savour it again.

Enough words, here are some pictures along the way.

Idling and awaiting the rider.
The north entry into the Royal National Park.
The road stretches out to draw me along it.
A canopy of green in the southern part.

The sky cried tears of joy at my return.
Definitely Changed Traffic Conditions. It wasn't raining when I left home!

Actually there is a lot of roadworks ahead.
Hopefully just a passing shower.
Home to dry and rest.
 
An interesting ride as there is such a mix of road users. A learner for the toll booth to the overtaking area then a people mover whose driver was obviously confused by the pedals as they would have their brakes on all the time. 2 Highway patrol cars to keep us at bay. Being my first day back I was not rushing through it, the day that is.

Comments