A track next to the Railway Tracks - Como NSW to Oatley NSW.

As I remain off the motorcycles and I am definitely getting withdrawals, I cannot wait until October and to sit astride the pride and just go for a ride.


In the interim my dear wife and our dog having been taking me for walks.

Today's one is from Como on the south shore of the Georges River north to Oatley.

I feel like Mao Zedong and it's the Summer of 1934 as I prepare for my long march north.
Details of Mao Zedong's can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_March
Mine (3.2 kilometres round trip) can be found at https://goo.gl/maps/WQou1

We start with a walk around Scylla Bay Reserve, Como where we go to the George's Rivers edge at the Como Pleasure Grounds (I just love the park name) I climb the hill for a better look we start our journey.
The Como Pedestrian and Rail bridges from the Como Pleasure Grounds.
Georges River Panorama from the Como Pleasure Grounds looking north.
Looking East along the Georges River.
The Marina where I would moor my boat if I had one.
My guide aka wife and dog know the way.
Scylla Bay Reserve, Como NSW 2226

View from the hill in Scylla Bay Reserve, Como NSW 2226
View from the hill in Scylla Bay Reserve, Como NSW 2226
View from the hill in Scylla Bay Reserve, Como NSW 2226
From the Park we walk to the southern end of the Pedestrian Bridge. Originally this bridge was the rail bridge. A single track which many remember sitting in he train waiting for the signals to change. Now we have dual rail bridge to the west of this bridge.

We have crossed the bridge. A quick look and shot back,.
 Having crossed the bridge, I convince my wife to try a track she and her normal walking companion, 'Jock the Dog' have not taken before.
Part of ,my sidetrack.
 There is a lower crossing which Jock takes as he doesn't like the bridges you can see through.

Quick glimpse to the east.
Looking back on some the track. Look more like a drain.
The plaque at the turn around point.
The rail line south to The Sutherland Shire or Illawarra.
From what was a lookout now water glimpses with trees.
My ever patient guide and her dog. Waiting again.
I don't know if the gates are to keep people in or out.
The trek has almost ended.
The marina from the bridge.
A great escape with good companion and weather.

Beware the cyclists. They are suppose to do 5 km/hour they definitely don't travel that slowly.


Just a final note, it was interesting whilst we were walking on the main, people would say hello. 
The Art of Being Friendly can I discovered be found here.

Comments